Jumbo Vegan Carrot Cake Muffins (could there be anything better???)
(Ok, they look kinda funky but they are good trust me!!)
My first recipe!!! If only I had this blog the past year there would be the most amazing recipes on here, not to brag or anything. Most of what I bake is vegan but if I’m making it for other people sometimes I skip that part because you can’t say that people don’t get a little turned off when you say “I made you a cake with flour and tofu!” So you sometimes have to take what you can get. I found this particular recipe on Pinterest, which is not a surprise at all since I find everything on there. So if you are a Pinterest/vegan hater in that order than find recipes elsewhere please! Otherwise, enjoy!!!
sidenote: The recipe says to make around 25 cupcakes but all I had was a muffin pan that fit 6 muffins sooo that’s how it turned out but who doesn’t love gigantic chunky muffins first thing in the morning anyway?
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- In a small bowl mix baking powder and applesause into a foamy mixture, set aside.
- In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add oil, carrots, pineapple (some of the juice might help), and applesauce mixture.
- Mix well.
- Add flaked coconut, nuts, or raisins if desired.
- Scoop mixture into 24 cupcake liners.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Once cooled, frost with icing (powdered sugar, ‘fake’ butter, vanilla, and water).